Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
- Herbalife soars. Get Bill Ackman a vitamin?(1:01)
- Will Tumblr make Yahoo cool again?(1:16)
- No life of luxury: Nordstrom stock falls(0:52)
- Kohl's is the anti Wal-Mart(1:03)
- Nothing runs like a Deere (investor)(1:16)
- Who says video game stocks are dead?(1:22)
- Bond investors fear another 1994(1:09)
- The Gap is cool again?(1:03)
|Microsoft unveils new Xbox One game console|
|The Obamacare myth about small business|
|Make $30 an hour, no bachelor's degree required|
|Judge rules Airbnb illegal in New York City|
|JPMorgan's Dimon wins by a landslide|