Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|GM raising Corvette prices|
|Everything must go: There's a flood of store closings|
|Albertsons to merge with Safeway|
|Boeing reports wing cracks on Dreamliners|
|Bitcoin matters. Ignore the media circus.|
- Yellen is Bernanke 2.0(1:24)
- Costco slumps...but doesn't blame weather!(1:16)
- Should Icahn shut up about eBay?(1:29)
- Tobacco stocks get spark from merger rumor(1:23)
- Gold soars as Ukraine crisis escalates(1:16)
- 3D printing is not a bubble(1:05)
- Best Buy isn't best stock to buy(1:26)
- Is the worst over for Target?(1:27)