Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Regulators pave way for Internet "fast lane" with net neutrality rules|
|What stumps Warren Buffett? Minimum wage|
|Apple shares soar on increased buyback|
|Facebook profit triples on mobile growth|
|Thanks to Obamacare, more workers may quit their jobs|
- KFC 'doubles down' on China(1:19)
- Botox-maker gets a lift(0:53)
- Halliburton bullish on American energy(1:10)
- Barbie. So not hot right now(0:54)
- Intel bucks tech stock slide(1:02)
- J&J healthy amid selloff(0:59)
- H&R Block up ... but not due to taxes(1:19)
- Bed Bath & Below? Retailer's stock sinks(1:19)