Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Comcast apologizes to customer for changing name to A-hole on bill|
|Premarkets: 4 things to know before the open|
|Russia slashes interest rates to avert slump|
|Chris Messina: Why I choose non-monogamy|
|The cost of doing business in China: Spying|
- Forget Yahoo, just buy Alibaba(01:09)
- McDonald's earnings: Financial pink slime(01:28)
- BlackBerry-Samsung rumor just won't die(01:20)
- Health insurers should thank Obama(01:13)
- Delta's profits and stock at cruising altitude(00:53)
- Goldman earnings just not good enough(01:01)
- Target can no longer blame Canada(01:14)
- Tesla's stock runs out of juice(01:22)