Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Scandal-ridden food processor issues recall|
|Math nerds are taking over Wall Street|
|The jobs report, GDP and Fed will set tone for stocks this week|
|BuzzFeed fires viral politics editor for plagiarizing|
|Introducing the $7.76 Big Mac|
- Amazon drones need to drop some profits!(1:13)
- El Pollo Loco is NOT Chipotle(1:43)
- Dunkin' stock has many holes(1:10)
- Facebook is all grown up(1:05)
- Apple & Microsoft: Both kicking butt(1:00)
- Comcast: Poor service, good stock(1:28)
- Tobacco stocks up in smoke(1:25)
- Don't bet against Jeff Bezos!(1:11)