Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Lumber Liquidators stock pummeled after '60 Minutes' probe|
|Samsung unveils beautiful new Galaxy S6|
|Too much Facebook leads to envy and depression|
|Canadians "Spock" their $ 5 bills|
|Costco teams with Citi, Visa|
- Cybersecurity stocks soar thanks to hack attacks(01:20)
- Is Netflix stock a house of cards?(01:22)
- The revenge of Whole Paycheck(00:48)
- Comcast: Worst company, but not worst stock(01:16)
- The next RadioShacks? Not so fast.(01:09)
- Strong dollar won't hurt these stocks(01:16)
- Investors binge buy Netflix(01:13)
- The bond bubble still hasn't burst(01:02)