Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Justin Bieber just lost 3.5 million Instagram followers|
|Russia crisis hurts these Western brands the most|
|The heart of the Internet has been hacked|
|Russian crisis kills big German gas deal|
|Premarkets: 4 things to know before the open|
- Patience is a virtue for the Fed(01:14)
- Russia's economy in chaos(01:17)
- Wireless wars killing telco stocks(01:04)
- Staples Depot?(01:00)
- Too many holes in Krispy Kreme(01:05)
- Stocks fall: What the heck?(01:04)
- IBM investors sing the Big Blues(01:14)
- Russia has more problems than low oil prices(01:06)