Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
|Why Windows 10 WiFi sense is freaking everyone out|
|Stick a fork in Whole Foods?|
|Upgrading from Windows 7 or 8? You'll love Windows 10|
|Premarkets: 5 things to know before the open|
|Gun silencer sales are booming|
- Gold is no longer glittering. Here's why(01:30)
- The Marlboro Man is still cool on Wall Street(01:11)
- Will insurer mergers raise healthcare costs?(01:27)
- The battle of the brands(06:50)
- 'Old' companies top Apple(02:49)
- IBM investors sing the Big Blues(01:08)
- Google wows. Will Apple, Amazon and Facebook follow?(02:42)
- Pepsi's earnings are sweet, but ...(01:09)