Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Charter set to announce Time Warner Cable acquisition|
|Adult dating site hack exposes sexual secrets|
|$1.8 billion disappears in Russian space program|
|Gas prices at high point of year, but relief at pump is on the way|
|Vatican bank makes big profit|
- Market a roller coaster? Buy the roller coasters!(01:00)
- Best Buy stock may actually be a best buy(00:54)
- Good news for Walmart workers is bad for investors(01:09)
- Ding dong! Fake Avon takeover calling!(01:15)
- Psst. Did you hear about Apple and BlackBerry?(01:18)
- Shake Shack stock is not appetizing (01:08)
- You've got merger! Verizon scoops up AOL(01:19)
- Surge pricing: Uber may be worth $50 billion(01:26)