Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Apple's iPhone 6 goes on sale, and the lines are insane|
|Boom: Alibaba surges in huge IPO debut|
|Larry Ellison stepping down as Oracle CEO|
|Retirement savings gap widens between rich and poor|
|2015 Mustang: Ford's pony has new tricks|
- Sony smartphones sink the stock(01:06)
- Rich get richer in bull market(01:15)
- Anheuser-Busch has harsh words for the NFL(01:10)
- Buy Baidu instead of Alibaba?(01:13)
- Vive le streaming! Netflix enters France(01:15)
- Mangia? Olive Garden investor wants better food(01:29)
- Lululemon is no longer a downward dog(01:41)