Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'|
|Can anything save Sony?|
|Bank of Japan stuns market with even more stimulus|
|These countries are getting killed by cheap oil prices|
|Tim Cook isn't the only openly gay CEO|
- Share a Coke with Green Mountain?(01:13)
- QE is finally over. Here's why(01:11)
- Facebook stock is down, but not out(01:02)
- MSG: The world's most famous spin-off??(00:53)
- Why some retailers won't use Apple Pay(01:13)
- Amazon torn apart by Wall Street piranhas(01:10)
- Domino's recipe for success(00:59)
- Apple feels the iLove(00:56)