Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Greece deeply divided as vote on Europe looms|
|Why China's crazy stock market is getting scary|
|Aetna to buy rival health insurer Humana for $37 billion|
|10 most expensive colleges|
|What a Depression looks like (Greek style)|
- Bury BlackBerry? Not so fast(01:04)
- Move over, Trump. Monsanto is Neil Young's next target.(01:20)
- Choppers on chopping block at United Technologies(01:04)
- Hot wings! Investors can't get enough chicken(00:56)
- Is this Pandora's Last Dance?(01:23)
- It would be a crime to bet against Netflix(01:00)
- Apple's stock in a funk. Will WWDC news change that?(01:02)
- Wall Street's hot fashion trend? Footies(01:04)