Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|World will have 13 'super-aged' nations by 2020|
|Talent wars: Silicon Valley vs. Wall Street|
|Janet Yellen: Job market still not fully recovered|
|Where you can get blazing-fast Internet speeds|
|Walmart: Retail powerhouse past its prime?|
- Sears 'irrelevant' as losses deepen(01:13)
- Retail rally smells like teen spirit(01:06)
- Apple stock is on fire(01:18)
- August a hot one for stocks(01:05)
- Battle of the dollar stores(00:56)
- Monster needs Coke, and Coke needs Monster (01:15)
- Why Wal-Mart won't win the web(01:03)
- SeaWorld stock takes a deep dive(01:05)