Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|She's America's youngest female billionaire - and a dropout|
|You can stash up to $18,000 in your 401(k) next year|
|Airbag recall could expand|
|Jeff Bezos: Grinch that stole Amazon's Xmas|
|'SNL' interns reach $6.4 million settlement with NBCUniversal|
- Amazon torn apart by Wall Street piranhas(01:10)
- Domino's recipe for success(00:59)
- Apple feels the iLove(00:56)
- Holy guacamole! Chipotle stumbles(01:03)
- Whew! What a week for stocks!(00:59)
- Yes, it's time to go shopping for stocks(01:12)
- $55 billion deal halted by tax dodge crackdown(01:24)
- Will bond yields fall lower?(01:07)