Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
- Trump sinks drug stocks(01:29)
- Oprah's weight is down, Weight Watchers shares are up(01:17)
- Trump body slammed critics and WWE soars(01:34)
- What does a Trump presidency mean for the Fed?(01:22)
- Why President Trump might be bad for gun sales(01:11)
- The Donald Trump market rally continues(01:52)
- Wall Street doesn't fear President Trump(01:19)
- Herbalife finally settles with the FTC(01:18)