Yahoo singing the bluesAugust 10, 2012: 11:58 AM ET
Shares of Yahoo (YHOO) were down Friday after the company's new CEO, Marissa Mayer, said she's reviewing Yahoo's business strategy.
That's not usually a bad thing but it's making investors nervous.
That might be because the review could lead to changes in the restructuring plan the company has already started to implement. It could also throw a wrench into a previously announced plan to return the cash it generated from a deal to sell its stake in the Chinese conglomerate Alibaba Group to shareholders.
In late May, Yahoo agreed to sell half of its 40% stake in Alibaba back to Alibaba for $7.1 billion.
Is Mayer going to far to fast? StockTwits users weigh in.
To view my watchlist
Not a member yet?Sign up now for a free account
|Premarkets: 6 things to know before the open|
|RadioShack's days are numbered|
|Walmart: Retail powerhouse past its prime?|
|The 5 'worst' consumer complaints|
|3 things Malaysia Airlines must do to survive|
- Don't spend whole paycheck on Whole Foods(1:19)
- Twitter proves skeptics wrong ... for now(1:19)
- Apple this close to new all-time high(1:19)
- Billionaires win big in dollar store deal(1:05)
- Amazon drones need to drop some profits!(1:13)
- El Pollo Loco is NOT Chipotle(1:43)
- Dunkin' stock has many holes(1:10)
- Facebook is all grown up(1:05)